Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hi There!

All right.  Let me introduce myself.  I am a rookie blogger, going by the name BlueSkinnyFan.  I chose that name because of two reasons, other than my weight.  I am very fond of the color blue and have been as far as I can remember.  I also chose it because I am a huge Dodger fan and this blog will mainly cover the sport of baseball.  I am seventeen years old and a high school senior.  I was introduced to the sport of baseball at the age of six, when my dad signed me up for tee ball.  My dad also coached my team, the White Sox.  I can vaguely remember my time playing ball, as I usually grounded out.  Nevertheless, I did have my best moments whenever the chance came up.  I stopped playing baseball after tee ball ended because I never was interested in playing, especially with my commitment to school work.  I still watched baseball when the postseason aired, especially during the White Sox World Series Title run in 2005.  The next year, I played close attention to the Dodgers postseason run and I started to become a fan.  However, it wasn't until the Dodgers' acquisition of Manny Ramirez in 2008 that I skyrocketed into a huge fanatic of baseball.  Since then, I can't stop thinking of the team.  I have also recently started with trying to collect memorabilia, such as autographs and bobbleheads.  Therefore, with all that information I will be covering baseball and any other sporting news/events.  I hope to have fun with trying this blog out and would also like for any of you guys to give me feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment