Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sampote Sands Autograph Signing at Frank and Son (5/9/14)


Initially, I was scheduled to head over to San Diego for a cousin's birthday party, but was informed the other day that it was cancelled due to the rainfall that occurred.  With that in mind, I decided to head over to Frank and Son in order to check out what I could purchase.  Upon entering Frank and Son, this stand caught my attention due to the Ultraman statues that were displayed.


Co - owner of the Ultraman series, Sompote Sands, was signing free autographs for guests.  All what really was required was that the promoter asked for your name to be written down on a list, which Sands would then look over in order to personalize the autograph.


I gotta say, the autograph looks really nice in gold sharpie, especially if this is a simple 8.5x11 sheet of cardboard paper.  I can only remember watching Ultraman from when it was apart of Fox's FoxBox kids programming (anybody remember that?).  I really don't know that much information about the ownership rights to the series, other than the fact that Sands was vital in bringing the show outside of Japan,  which lead to some disputes with the Tsuburaya family.


In terms of my usual commitment to the baseball hobby, I purchased a Shawn Green bobblehead for $17.  I also purchased a Dan Haren and Steve Cishek 2015 Topps Heritage base card in order to be hopeful in getting them signed for this Tuesday's Dodger game against the Marlins.  However, I am anticipating to fear for the worst considering that it is a bobblehead game.  I don't think that I am going to be taking that much stuff since I am solely focused on the new Kershaw bobblehead.  Thank you for reading and I hope to inform you on one of the most anticipated games of the year that is to take place in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment