Sunday, February 9, 2014

Results from My First Visit to the Citrus College Swap Meet

Today I went with the entire household family to the swap meet that is located at Citrus Community College.  My father had informed me that there were a bunch of stuff from a variety of things like baseball that I would be interested in.  Well, he sure was right.  The only bad thing though was that I didn't have the thought of bringing my phone so I could take pictures.  I saw a number of baseball memorabilla that fascinated me enough to me wanting to buy it.  I saw this group of people and in their cart contained a plaque of Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa.  The plaque was gigantic and contained a baseball each for those players and team.  It sort of looked something like this. 
 
 
I soon found a Dodger poster.  The owner was selling it, along with other random posters, for $2.  I quckly obliged as I'm not sure that you can find a decent looking poster for that asking price.  Here's how it looks like.

 
 
There was this nice gentleman who had baseball cards, postcards and pictures.  The one that intrigued me was this Mike Piazza 3 dimensional looking picture.  It also costed me $2, which was not bad.






Along the way, I saw vendors that sold bobbleheads for the Dodgers that costed about $15 - $20.  However, I just kept going.  There is always a saying that my father told me.  Never be too quick in spending money because there's always someone later that has the same item cheap.  Well, that saying was put into place.  I found three bobbleheads that each costed $7.  Sadly, I only had enough to buy two.  He had Casey Blake, Russell Martin, and Nomar Garciaparra.  By the way, they were not in the boxes as I assume he probably threw them.  I had seen the Nomar bobblehead for $20 with the box at another vendor earlier in our walk. So, I purchased it as I knew it was a big save.  The bad thing was that the bat was missing.  The same thing occured with the Casey bobblehead.  Along with Nomar, I bought the Russell Martin bobblehead because I had the thought of him still playing while I hoped I could eventually find another Casey bobblehead with the bat screw.



 
 
Now here they are with the rest of my collection.  That makes 10 bobbleheads out of the total number of 59 (as of the end of the 2013 season) that have been given away at Dodger Stadium.  

No comments:

Post a Comment